Saturday 7 November 2015

Motivation is key

https://www.stocksy.com/473029

I’m finally back and it feels great! I forgot how much I love to write. I find it quite difficult to communicate face to face sometimes, so writing is my release. It’s always helped me express and capture my feelings..

I haven’t blogged for 4 months, but as I’m sat in my warm bed, with my music and mug of tea, it feels like it was just yesterday I was publishing blog posts. I’ve definitely missed it. So much.

2015 has been quite an eventful year for me, and not in a good way. I decided that the course I was studying at university wasn’t for me, lost motivation in almost everything I was doing (which is why I stopped blogging) and just felt like a massive failure. The past month or 2 has been a turning point for me though.

I was sick and tired of wallowing in my own self pity and decided to do something about it. I managed to get a trial as a sales person, where I spent 4/5 hours a day on the phone to hundreds of people trying to get them to buy something. After a week went by something in my head just clicked. I remember it so clearly.

I was sat in the office and on the phone to a very difficult customer. Something in my mind just switched on…my motivation. I didn’t want to be sat here working a job where I got abuse over the phone daily. I want to be enjoying my career.

As soon as I got home that night I just started researching courses at universities that I had an interest in, and then looked into them. I wrote down everything I needed in order to be accepted, spoke to people for advice, and finally made the decision in what I wish to study.

So in 2016 I’m (hopefully) going to be studying graphic design. Yay! I’ve got a whole year to look into it, make sure it’s exactly what I’m after, get some experience, do home projects and teach myself.

Having a goal is definitely the key to keeping me motivated. If I don’t know what I want in life, I tend to just stop. I panic and just bury my head in the sand. But now I’ve got that spark back, I’m so determined not to go back to the place I was in 4/5 months ago. 

I think everyone needs to go through a rough patch in their lives to really understand what they want. It’s a horrible place to be in, and I’m so glad I’m finally out of it. If anything, it’s going to make me even more motivated to carry on and make something of myself.

So yeah, I’m back guys….and I couldn’t be happier.







No comments :

Post a Comment