Monday 22 September 2014

Freshers week - best week of my life

Hello guys, it's been absolutely ages since I last wrote a post, but now I've started university, I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things. 

I DID IT. I finally made it into Lincoln University to study journalism. I worked my butt off and achieved 3 A's at college. I've been here for a week now, and I already feel right at home. I'm living in halls and share a flat with 8 people who I get along with so well! We all pretty much clicked instantly. I live with 3 other girls and 4 boys. I prefer an even mix of both genders.


I moved in on Sunday 14th September. I was the first person to arrive at the flat (which I was chuffed with!) so I moved all of my stuff from home into my room and made my bed. I then went out with my parents and shopped around Lincoln for some last minute things that we had forgotten to bring such as bin bags and some cleaning equipment. We then went for a bite to eat at Chimichanga's which was my first time, and I would definitely recommend the burritos there, amazing!


I then took a walk back to the flat and found that some people had already started to move in, which made my heart beat 10x faster than normal, I was so scared! The first two people I met were lovely. They introduced themselves and asked me lots of questions, which made me feel at ease. Gradually throughout the hour I met all the other flat mates and they all seemed great. Once I waved goodbye to my mum and dad, we all sat in the living room area and just got to know each other. We discussed what we wanted to do for the first night out, then all got ready and jumped straight into drinking games!


Drink always makes things better (gosh I sound like an alcoholic!). Everyone started to relax and started showing their personalities, which was great because they all seemed to have the same personality as mine! We all had the same interests and humor. After getting incredibly drunk, we all took a walk to the main event, the welcome party, and just had the best night ever! Met so many different people and swapped numbers so we could arrange meeting up. After all, freshers is all about meeting as many people as possible!


Since that night, our flat has just gotten closer and closer. We can all talk to each other about absolutely anything, we can all come out of rooms hanging, looking a state, without worrying what everyone else thinks. We just feel so comfortable around one another (and it's only been a week!)


For anyone who's worrying about starting university or has already started and hasn't clicked with anyone yet, don't worry! There are so many people, you're bound to come across someone who you click with, whether it be in your flat, course, or in the street! Try joining a sport or a society, you'll make new friends immediately. Try and push yourself out of your comfort zone and introduce yourself to others, because there may be people in the same situation as you and are too afraid to speak up.


I am having the time of my life at uni. The work, social, and being independent. I could not be happier, even if I tried!






Me and Rachel 

All my flatmates!
Me and Matt

The UV Paint Party! (amazing)

No comments :

Post a Comment