Sunday 23 February 2014

University & UCAS

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, my internet has been down so I haven't been able to upload. Now that my internet is being good (fingers crossed) I thought I'd share with you how my UCAS is getting on, and the universities I've looked at.

I got conditional offers and interview offers before Christmas for 4 of my uni options. Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent both gave me conditional offers, which was great! But I got called in for an interview at both Westminster & Lincoln, which was so nerve wrecking! I declined Nottinghams offer as the course I want to study is Journalism, and at Nottingham, they only teach one area of journalism rather than every area. So that left me with Westminster, Lincoln and Sheffield!

My first interview was at Wesminster. Now, I had no idea what to expect in this interview apart from make sure I'm completely up to date with the news. When I arrived, they told me that the group would be split up into 2 groups of 12 and get interviewed together! I was so nervous. The only way I can describe the interview, is by saying that it was a dog eat dog world in that room! The lecturer was throwing questions at us and then we had to jump in out of our own accord and answer - we had to make sure we stood out! It was so scary, but I eventually got an offer!

Westminster Uni


My second interview was at Lincoln, and this was completely different. Throughout the day I had to take part in 2 different workshops with other students in the same position as me. It was a nice way to get to know each other, and try and make some new friends for when we start! The first workshop was radio, where we had to research the news and create a news bulletin on it, then someone had to go into the radio room and read them all out, it was fun! The second workshop was interviewing techniques. We learnt some new skills, then had to test them out on each other, again, a great way to get to know each other! Then to finish the day, we got called in one by one for an interview, which felt more like a chat! I had a laugh with the head of journalism, then that was it! Lincoln made me feel a lot more comfortable than Westminster did, and this is why Lincoln is my first choice.

Lincoln University

Lastly, I attended an open day at Sheffield Hallam yesterday, which was also good! I had 2 presentations to listen to, one about the day ahead, and another about the course I will be taking. These finished at 12pm, so I then walked the city and had a look at the accommodations available, and they're great! Cheap and very nice :) I have decided to use this university as my insurance choice!

Sheffield Hallam University

I sent off my student finance a few weeks ago and got back the letter which shows how much money I can be offered, and it's great! I wont be struggling for money when I'm at uni, put it that way. I now just need to confirm my firm choice and insurance choice on UCAS and I can then start to choose my accommodation. 

I am SO excited for university in September, couldn't be more ready :)  

No comments :

Post a Comment