Saturday 15 June 2013

Northampton College Festival!

Hello!


Today has been such a good day. Woke up early and went to the gym with my dad, and as much as I hate getting up early, it was lovely having the rest of the day to do whatever I wanted. I went home and got myself ready to go pick up Madi and head to Northampton College, they were holding this big music festival with people such as The Parades, The Loveable Rouges, Max Milner and Danny Mac!
When we got there the weather wasn't too bad! The forecast had said heavy rain with thunder, and the festival was outside so we had our fingers crossed that the sun would stay out all day! Me and Madi met up with Shanice and Vikki who were filming the whole show, had a quick chat, then I took her around the college, showing her where my classes are, the canteen etc. Soon got bored though as there wasn't much to really show her! We then decided to go get some food.
The canteen was only serving small bags of chips, sausage rolls and brownies, so we took a slow walk around some of the stalls that were outside. People were walking past us with burgers (which looked GORGEOUS) so we went on a hunt to find the stall! We finally found it, and the burgers were £3.50 EACH!! Almost had a heart attack...but we paid for it.
We took a walk back to Shanice and Vikki and just chilled there, listening to the DJ playing, waiting for the bands to come on stage. The first 2 or 3 bands were okay, not brilliant though. As soon as The Parades came on the whole atmosphere changed! Everyone was up and dancing, singing along (including me.) 
The Parades were amazing! I hadn't heard much of their music, but after the second song I was already thinking in my head that as soon as I get home I'm going to download some of their songs. But oh my god, the next artist who come on..wow. Max Milner. His voice gave me goosebumps after a few seconds of hearing it. All of his songs were incredible, and as I'm writing this, I'm downloading all of the songs of his that I can find!
Finally the Loveable Rogues came on! I'm not that great when it comes to loud noises, so the scream that the crowd made when they appeared actually hurt me haha. They interacted with the crowd a lot, asking questions, making us sing etc. But people started throwing things onto the stage like socks and hats. One of the members made a joke and said "if you're going to throw anything, throw money!" so people started throwing coins. Coins?! Complete idiots. After at least 20 coins had been thrown on stage they kept telling the audience to stop, but they carried on? You could clearly see that it hurt them when they got hit by one, angered me so much!
But apart from that it was such a good day! I'm home now, in bed listening to Max Milner. Mmm his voice. Anyway, I'm up early tomorrow for Fathers day, woo! Going to spend the day with lots of family which should be nice, lets hope the weather's nice! Night xox




















2 comments :

  1. Aw sounds like you had a nice day! I'm going to listen to Max Milner right now haha xx

    btw, I love your new picture you are so pretty!

    and thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gives me goosebumps! Listen to "Like me slightly", amazing. Aw thank you, it means a lot! No worries!

      Delete