Tuesday 28 November 2017

Things organised neatly : interface

Image result for things organised neatly

isg2001m - Things organised neatly - interface
 The project: Our brief was to create a deconstruction of an everyday object, photograph it and create a typographic interface that compliments/enhances the object.

  • Show interface working across a range of digital devices (can be simulation)
  • Ensure the typographic hierarchy is considered on smaller devices

06/11/17  -  We were given the brief for this assignment and were told to bring our object to class the following week. I spent the next week writing down ideas, from the objects I could possibly use to how to make my work stand out (key points).






13/11/17 - I wanted my everyday object to be a hairdryer, preferably an old fashioned one (to make it more interesting). Unfortunately, they were incredibly hard to find and those I did find were very expensive. I then opted for a modern hairdryer, but realised there would only be 3 or 4 parts to deconstruct. It wouldn't look good for my final piece, so I decided to look for another object.


17/11/17 - I decided to go with using the Blackberry Curve for my interface as I couldn't get hold of the type of hairdryer I envisioned.  I ordered the Blackberry online and attempted to take it apart with the screwdrivers in my toolbox, but only managed to get this far:





I came to realise shortly after trying to deconstruct the device that I needed much smaller and more precise tools to reach the hard to get screws.




19/11/17 - I ordered a 'mobile phone repair tool kit' online with more than enough components.


20/11/17 - Whilst waiting for the tool kit to arrive, I focused on the typography and interface. I absolutely love a minimalistic design, so I wanted to create an interface which had the elements; white space, bold headings with thin body text, crisp, clean images, smooth animations and only 2 or 3 colours.


The typical colours used with Blackberry devices are black, white/silver and dark blue/navy. This will work out well for my minimalistic theme.




Elements I want to use:
Image result for dark blue white black colour
Colour scheme for interface
Image result for minimalist typography
Typographic inspiration 

Image result for minimalistic interface
Interface inspiration






28/11/17 - The mobile phone repair tool kit arrived, allowing me to fully deconstruct my Blackberry Curve.








No comments :

Post a Comment